The Economic Development workgroup seeks to reduce poverty by developing business and attracting public and private investment to grow jobs and decrease unemployment.
Goals of this workgroup include:
- 3.1: Create widespread regional access to high-speed, broadband Internet.
- 3.2: Establish a Technology Village and Landing Pad to attract high-tech investment and jobs.
- 3.3: Develop competitive industrial sites and buildings, particularly those focusing on communications, technology, distribution, energy and telecommunications. Efforts should include development of a mega-site to attract large industries.
- 3.4: Work with state and federal officials to provide additional business incentives targeted to rural communities.
- 3.5: Expand transportation infrastructure, including expansion of runways to accommodate jets and connecting existing rail lines to more transportation opportunities.
- 3.6: Improve existing water, sewer, road and airport infrastructure.
- 3.7: Establish the Jasper port.
- 3.8: Establish a regional wetlands bank.
Partners and supporters that are members of this workgroup include: