The Community Development workgroup seeks to reduce poverty by focusing on development of Promise Zone communities, including improvement and beautification of neighborhoods, and expansion of shopping, entertainment and recreational opportunities.
Goals of the work group are to:
- 1.1: Develop eco-tourism opportunities.
- 1.2: Expand agricultural resources to develop an agricultural food hub.
- 1.3: Remove blight and expand affordable housing.
- 1.4: Improve existing water, sewer and road infrastructure.
- 1.5: Construct or improve recreational facilities and community centers.
- 1.6: Strengthen the community development infrastructure in Promise Zone communities by engaging and training diverse leaders and volunteers through programs that focus on leadership development, asset development and other community growth skills.