The Health Care workgroup seeks to reduce poverty by ensuring all people have access to affordable health care services, by promoting healthy living and by reducing chronic health problems.
Goals of this workgroup include:
- 5.1: Establish a regional medical center of excellence, including emergency treatment facilities in each county.
- 5.2: Establishing regional mobile health units to reach people where they live for treatment and health education.
- 5.3: Build and renovate facilities to ensure effective and efficient health care delivery throughout the region.
- 5.4: Expand community health centers and networks, including vigorous use of telemedicine services.
- 5.5: Promote healthier living and lifestyles.
- 5.6: Increase access to healthcare by attracting providers to the region.